The journey to become an effective leader as an adult starts today.
Learning leadership skills helps children discover that they have the ability to overcome challenges and make things happen. Leadership is also about learning to work collaboratively with others, finding common ground and formulating solutions that work for all. These experiences have a major impact on a child’s development, shaping the adult they will one day become
Our students can experience such personal breakthroughs by:
- Becoming a House Captain or Vice-Captain
- Becoming a School Captain or Vice-Captain
- Being a school council committee member
- Taking a leadership role in our Straits Dragons sports team
- Taking a leadership role in our annual performances
- Becoming a library monitor
- Being part of the EdTech committee
- Being a Straits Hero by joining our service and charity committees
It’s never too early to learn the art of leadership.
Making a Difference
Throughout the school year, students have the opportunity to make an impact on the community around them through various activities. Via these hands-on experiences, students learn how to manage projects, create community partnerships, participate in field learning activities, and engage in reflective and critical thinking in relation to their experiences.
This will help them gain a broader view of life, develop a sense of service to others, and be fully engaged in the world around them.
“Our students are happily active – whether they’re taking part in musical performances, beach clean ups or supporting people with dementia, they are ready to make a difference where they live, and around the world.”Ms Karlie Walsh, Campus Principal